DIGITAL TV TRANSMITTERS EXTREME EFFICIENCY – SFT XE Series
The New Revolutionary Digital TV Transmitters Series FUTURE SFT/XE, with extreme efficiency, is reaching the highest technology level in both TV Digital Signal Processing and RF domain.
The top performances of this Digital TV Transmitters Series are possible thanks to:
1) ARK-X: is the new evolution of the ARK Series multistandard DTV Drivers, and is able to meet or exceed all the DTV International Broadcasters requirements.
The improvement of digital adaptive precorrection and configuration flexibility are the key points for this advanced product, developed by the excellent Screen R&D Digital Signalling dept.
2) XET™ (eXtreme Efficiency Technology): the new Screen XET™ (eXtreme Efficiency Technology) is the result of latest generation LDMOS devices (more rugged and efficient compared to the past), with a special low-loss design of matching and combining system, together with extremely high-efficiency power supplies (over 96% efficiency).
This XET™ Technology, applied to the amplifier section, grants up to 42% overall efficiency.
3) Compactness: the highest efficiency, reached thanks to the above mentioned technology, combined with a new concept of heatsync and ultracompact power supplies, grants the minimum sizes of amplifier modules with air cooling or liquid cooling systems, and a greatly reduced dimensioning of the cooling system itself.
A 10 kW rms DTV Transmitter in a single rack is just an example of this extreme compactness.
4) Easy and Fast maintenance: FUTURE SFT/XE SERIES has been designed with a significantly improved easy-maintenance concept. All RF power modules are hot pluggable (both liquid and air cooled versions) for an easy bench testing and/or instant replacement on site.
All RF power modules are equipped with 3 independent power supplies for maximum redundancy and easy single phase or balanced three phases operation selection. These 3 power supplies are also hot pluggable themselves, for a unique way of smart maintainance.
The latest generation of industry higher class power supplies grants over 96% efficiency with wider input AC range capability and greater ruggedness.
5) Smart System Design: latest generation progressive RF combiner with ultracompact unbalancing dummy loads and a smart intercommunication interface between RF modules, drivers and Logical Control System allow for a very clean and easy to maintain system configuration both for liquid and air cooling equipment.
This new series of Digital TV Transmitter Screen XET™(eXtreme Efficiency Technology) grants RF efficiency over 50% and overall efficiency up to 42% without decreasing performance in terms of modulation error rate and shoulders and with the well-known reliability of Screen products.
The new XET™ Technology allows stunning performances for broadcasting: higher efficiency, compactness and cooling systems reduction are just some of the improvements gained.
The Digital TV Transmitters FUTURE SFT/XE feature a built-in SFN adapter and very advanced SWDT® (Software Defined Transmitters) technology, that allows implementing different modulation patterns – either digital or analog – (DVB, ATSC, ISDB-T, DTMB, DAB, DAB+,T-DMB, ATV, etc.) in the same hardware.
Moreover, the SWDT® technology allows selection of operation modes in various ways:
– remotely, using a clean contact;
– via SNMP commands; via TCP/IP, using the Web graphic interface;
– or even via a dedicated command inserted into the transport stream.
Complete remote control of the transmitters can be made by serial protocols or TCP/IP ports, thanks to the internal Web server or built-in SNMP.
Nevertheless, the High Efficiency of this Digital TV Transmitter Series reduces management costs and helps the environment.