DIGITAL TV TRANSMITTERS EXTREME EFFICIENCY – SFT XE Series
Digital TV Transmitters – Revolutionized.
The New FUTURE SFT/XE Series, with its extreme efficiency, is reaching the highest technology level in both TV Digital Signal Processing and RF domain.
The top performances of FUTURE SFT/XE Digital TV Transmitters are possible thanks to:
1) ARK-X: is the evolution of the ARK Series multistandard DTV Drivers, and meets or exceeds all the DTV International Broadcasters requirements.
The improvement of digital adaptive precorrection and configuration flexibility are the main benefits of this advanced product.
2) XET™ (eXtreme Efficiency Technology): the new Screen XET™ is the result of latest generation LDMOS devices (more rugged and efficient compared to the past), with a special low-loss design of matching and combining system, together with extremely high-efficiency power supplies, over 96% efficiency.
The XET™ Technology, applied to the amplifier section, grants up to 42% overall efficiency.
3) Compact-sized: the highest efficiency combined with a new concept of heat sync and ultracompact power supplies, grants the compact size of both amplifier modules with air cooling or liquid cooling systems, and the cooling system.
A 10 kW rms DTV Transmitter in a single rack is just an example of this extreme compactness.
4) Easy and Fast maintenance: FUTURE SFT/XE SERIES has hot-pluggable RF power modules (both liquid and air cooled versions) for an easy bench testing and quick replacement on site.
All RF power modules are equipped with 3 independent power supplies for maximum redundancy and easy single phase or balanced three phases operation selection. These 3 power supplies are also hot pluggable themselves, for a unique way of smart maintenance.
The latest generation of industry higher class power supplies grants over 96% efficiency with wider input AC range capability and greater ruggedness.
5) Smart System Design: clean and easy to maintain system configuration both for liquid and air cooling equipment thanks to:
– latest generation progressive RF combiner
– with ultracompact unbalancing dummy loads and
– a smart intercommunication interface between RF modules, drivers, and Logical Control System
This new series of Digital TV Transmitter Screen XET™(eXtreme Efficiency Technology) grants RF efficiency over 50% and overall efficiency up to 42% without decreasing performance in terms of modulation error rate and shoulders and with the well-known reliability of Screen products.
The new XET™ Technology allows stunning performances for broadcasting: higher efficiency, compact-sized and cooling systems reduction are just some of the improvements gained.
The Digital TV Transmitters FUTURE SFT/XE feature a built-in SFN adapter and very advanced SWDT® (Software Defined Transmitters) technology, to implement different modulation patterns – either digital or analog – (DVB, ATSC, ISDB-T, DTMB, DAB, DAB+, T-DMB, ATV, etc.) in the same hardware.
Moreover, the SWDT® technology allows an easy selection of the operating modes:
– remotely, using a clean contact;
– via SNMP commands; via TCP/IP, using the Web graphic interface;
– or even via a dedicated command inserted into the transport stream.
Complete remote control of the transmitters can be made by serial protocols or TCP/IP ports, thanks to the internal Web server or built-in SNMP.
Nevertheless, the High Efficiency of this Digital TV Transmitter Series reduces management costs and helps the environment.